Ssm32.exe periodically hoggs CPU and memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danstar10

Fssm32.exe periodically hoggs CPU and memory

Hi guys,

i have F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security running which seems to be great, apart from every now and again it will hogg 50% of my CPU power and at the min 60meg of RAM. it periodically takes up the CPU - not too often mind - i usually reset and it goes away.

I have dual core pc so i assume it may be taking up one core? i often scan with hijack this and spybot S&D and CC Cleaner - problem never goes away tho. i past my hijack this logfile into

http://www.hijackthis.de/en

this tells me what is safe and bad. is this a reliable website?

well here is my lattest report attached- the only thing that website tells me is possibly bad is:

O23 - Service: Atitmrxpmmcens - MCCI - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\k600cr.sys

but i cant get rid of it by 'fixing' it.

Would be great if you could help out. i should add i have searched the forums and found similar problems so im not being lazy - but they have been resolved in may diff ways so i thought it best to ask b4 i mess something up!

Thanks

first thing.... you hjt version is out of date. the present version is v2.0.2 update from HERE
the 023 service can be stopped via the service manger. open 'run' type 'services.msc'
this will open the manager stop the service there. but you should update and post a new hjt log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back