SSSSTOP!! What was I thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeseven

After bugging alot of helpful people on several sites for upgrade info I have come to the conclusion that this is absolutely NOT the time for me to upgrade my comp any further! I've replaced my Geforce2 MX,stock 200watt power and Windows ME with an MSI G4 Ti4600 card,Enermax 431watt power and Windows XP and thats it! I realized that technologically speaking we are about to open a new chapter on mobo's/chip's and processor's and whatever else I buy at this time will not carry me nearly as long as my 3yo 933Mhz stock comp has done and I dought if anything computer wise purchased from now on will. Perhaps within only months mobo's,chip's and CPU's that have such thing's as full'y functional 8X AGP,hyperthreading for 3gig+ P4's and dual channel DDR will most likely be standard features for any new board! If I want my new component's to be 'somewhat 'current and updatable after I purchase them then I better waite till the beginning of the next chapter rather than buy what's around at the end of this one! Too many features and advancement's are 'almost' working or about to be implemented that buying anything 'top of the line' right now will surely mean it will be outdated soon afterward. Of course all this does not matter if you are happy with what you are getting now,and that's fine. I've waited too long to replace my older comp to do it now knowing that within only short time I will be able to update it with component's that will be current for at least a while in the future,or at least until the beginning of the next chapter in comp technology! This is only my humble opinion, Thanks again to all those that have helped along the way,I appreciate it. I welcome your opinion's,I'm sure not all will agree but no problem,that's what makes forums great.

codeseven

I agree. I tend to stay one generation behind the latest technology, so that prices will be cheaper and bugs have been, if not fixed, then at least identified.

That is always a good idea in my opinion. You can't just jump into things that aren't really researched. It would be kind of like swimming in a volcano because you heard it was fun. Just because someone says this new stuff is the best doesn't always mean it will be. At least with staying a little behind you can get reviews and help on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back