STALKER graphics problems help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howsit

Just installed STALKER on a new system. Startup cutscene runs perfectly, so does the main menu. When the actual gameplay starts all I have is the sky and I'm surrounded by blue. I can here the game character talking and see the minimap and can access the inventory but the game world isn't rendering.

System specs:

Vista 64 bit
XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 680MB
Core 2 Duo 2.4 gig
ASUS P5NSLI motherboard
Onboard SoundMAX sound
2 gig RAM

Game is patched with WW 1.0001. 8800 has latest Vista 64 bit driver from nvidia.com. Anyone else come across his or have any ideas?

Cheers.

Every review Ive read on STALKER has said it doesnt run well in Vista. Vista is having alot of driver problems, especially with nVidia cards. Dell has even started offering systems with XP again because Vista is so troublesome. It will probably be months before Vistas gaming problems will be worked out.

Yeah, I agree. I have had VERY irritating Vista problems with my computer on Counter-Strike: Source that I could not seem to fix! The best you can do is just keep trying to search for a solution, maybe reinstall your video drivers, and most importantly, be patient and wait for the right update(s)!

I figured it out in the end. You need to go into the NVidia control panel (right click from desk top) then enable all the global settings. You can even go into program settings tab and find STALKER and enable them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back