Stalker Loading Bugs- Can I salvage the Save games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchy

I installed Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl a couple of days ago, and the first bug i find is crippling.

When passing from Argoprom to Garbage the game freezes and comes up with a bug report (which I can't even use cos Windows is rubbish). Sometimes i get the chane to kill a few bandits before it dies. Usually it happens as soon as the save is loaded

My system info is in my profile

I would install the patch but it would wipe all my save game.

Ive managed to copy them into My Documents, is it possible to patch then restore the copies to the save directory
Or
Is there a way to patch without the loss of savegame.

Thanks in adance, Finchy

Just an addon, i've had a look at the error report (which i finally managed to send off) and found this...

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : vertex || show_restrictions(m_object)
[error]Function : CPatrolPathManager::select_point
[error]File : D:\xray-svn\xr_3da\xrGame\patrol_path_manager.cpp
[error]Line : 156
[error]Description : any vertex in patrol path [gar_smart_bandit_large_lager_raid_2_walk] in inaccessible for object [gar_sniper_bandit]

I'm not sure what this means but it seems to be related to th bandits that are assaulting the factory as I load.

I was wondering if this is a corrupt file or something which can be fixed by a reinstall?
There seems to be lots of others with similar problems put mostly in Pripyat, none in Garbage

Just a bump since this has been here for 2 days now, and i really need an answer

I've checked and older savegames still work, but their over a days worth of play which i reallyt don't want to have to repeat.

I've had a look on the GSC forums and many problems seem related to prefetching, so i disabled it but it didn't help.

If theres anyone else having similar problems who wants to try disabling prefetching follow the below steps:

1. Right click on your STALKER shortcut and click properties
2.Go into the shortcut tab and so to the 'Target' line
3. Add a space on the end and enter '-noprefetch'
4.Run the game

HI! Is there any patch to make Russian language s.t.a.l.k.e.r. to an english? If you know one can you give me adress?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back