Standard user account but wanting to use administrator priveledges(XP)

By foolios
Oct 30, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know that some appz such as a particular game I want to install won't work at this pc because of admin lockouts on installing anything onto the computer.
    I know this is touchy ground as most people won't explain how to circumvent administrator priveledges.
    But this has gotten me very curious.
    I am wondering in what ways I can add this ability without too much harm or without disabling admin rights.... But as a standard user account without admin priveledges...
    I was wondering what if I were to add a usb drive and try to install the game to that. Is there a way to make that work without too much trouble?
    It wouldn't be installing it directly into the drive of this pc. It's a non-critical pc but it's still part of the domain so I can see the concern.
    Well, the info probably can't be posted if it's too serious. But maybe a little trick may not be all that bad.
    Actually, please email me rather than post it. I am interested in any ideas or solutions.

Thanks in advance.

And of course, if the post needs deletion, I understand. It's just this information isn't easy to come by and I am very curious.
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I can say that there is probably a reason that you do not have Admin rights on that PC. And trying to circumvent those settings is not a good idea. Just my 2 cents, and I will help you no further.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
  3. foolios

foolios Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 27

Yes, this is true.
    I am wondering with sandboxes that allow secureness of running applications whether anyone has run into a situation like this but maybe they used a sandbox which allowed them to run an app, game or what-have you. Maybe in a temp environment or on a temp drive such as a usb drive.

Anything similar, ideas.

Thanks for responding.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.