Standard user account but wanting to use administrator priveledges(XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolios

I know that some appz such as a particular game I want to install won't work at this pc because of admin lockouts on installing anything onto the computer.
I know this is touchy ground as most people won't explain how to circumvent administrator priveledges.
But this has gotten me very curious.
I am wondering in what ways I can add this ability without too much harm or without disabling admin rights.... But as a standard user account without admin priveledges...
I was wondering what if I were to add a usb drive and try to install the game to that. Is there a way to make that work without too much trouble?
It wouldn't be installing it directly into the drive of this pc. It's a non-critical pc but it's still part of the domain so I can see the concern.
Well, the info probably can't be posted if it's too serious. But maybe a little trick may not be all that bad.
Actually, please email me rather than post it. I am interested in any ideas or solutions.

Thanks in advance.

And of course, if the post needs deletion, I understand. It's just this information isn't easy to come by and I am very curious.

I can say that there is probably a reason that you do not have Admin rights on that PC. And trying to circumvent those settings is not a good idea. Just my 2 cents, and I will help you no further.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Yes, this is true.
I am wondering with sandboxes that allow secureness of running applications whether anyone has run into a situation like this but maybe they used a sandbox which allowed them to run an app, game or what-have you. Maybe in a temp environment or on a temp drive such as a usb drive.

Anything similar, ideas.

Thanks for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back