Star Wars Battlefront crash on start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the game and installed it- first time I started it the screen went black and froze the system. Tried starting the game in safe mode and the same thing happened.
I have a 16x9 [widescreen] monitor- could that be the problem? Need for Speed Underground 2 works ok- that's the only other game I've tried so far.
Thanks!
Greg

A little more info - I'm using a custom desktop resolution of 1360x765. The video card (Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT) has the latest drivers. Soundcard is jsut a Soundblaster Live! Motherboard is Asus, 3200 AMD processor and 2g ram.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Greg

I tried to install the patch but it doesn't find the right folder for the game. This is what the LucasArts website says about installation:

Installation: After downloading the update, double click on Battlefront1_2_Eng.exe to install. The installer will automatically search for the folder where you originally installed Star Wars Battlefront and install the update. If the update does not locate Star Wars Battlefront on your system, you may need to reinstall the game and then run the Battlefront1_2_Eng.exe.

I unistalled and reinstalled the game and still get the same error message. Great support LucasArts... they mention nothing about what to do if this [error] keeps happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back