TechSpot

StarCraft II beta tested, easy on PC hardware

By Julio Franco
Feb 22, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's hard to overstate how popular StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty already is among PC gamers, with keys to enter the closed beta that launched last week already fetching a price on eBay.

Read the whole story
  2. Mycologist

Mycologist TS Rookie Posts: 23

Hmm, looks like I may not be needing to stump up the wonga for a new HD5800 series. If it runs at 50fps average on a HD4850, that's pretty good; considering how seriously tasty the new graphics look.
  3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Is being picked for betas like winning the lottery? I sign up for tons of them, but never get a response... ;(
  4. thebluemeaner

thebluemeaner TS Rookie Posts: 81

It appears the game is more cpu dependant, you need at least a dual core for this.
  5. LGraves

LGraves TS Rookie Posts: 40

Blizzard beta seem impossible to get in on! I used to play Startcraft 1 on the worst system ever and it ran pretty smoothly. I can't wait to see SC2 on my new monitor.
  6. Viandroto

Viandroto TS Rookie

I was kind of upset to not see I didn't get into the first wave of beta testing... And now I didn't get into the FFXIV beta testing... It seems I'm stuck playing WCIII a little while longer.

I suppose that's alright, because it looks like I'm gonna need to get a job and upgrade my system as my graphics card is a Radeon HD3870... My CPU is a dual-core 2.80GHz AMD Athlon... So I might still be good with that, yeah?
  7. Any Dual Core beyond 2Ghz should do the trick.. and any good/decent G-card will run it at about 30-50 fps.. just be sure to have fast ram eg: 800mhz or better FSB and a card beyond a Go 6600 or a radeon 9800 pro.. ok?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.