StarCraft II beta tested, easy on PC hardware

By Julio Franco
Feb 22, 2010
  1. It's hard to overstate how popular StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty already is among PC gamers, with keys to enter the closed beta that launched last week already fetching a price on eBay.

Read the whole story
  2. Mycologist

Mycologist TS Rookie Posts: 20

Hmm, looks like I may not be needing to stump up the wonga for a new HD5800 series. If it runs at 50fps average on a HD4850, that's pretty good; considering how seriously tasty the new graphics look.
  3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 811   +93

Is being picked for betas like winning the lottery? I sign up for tons of them, but never get a response... ;(
  4. thebluemeaner

thebluemeaner TS Rookie Posts: 64

It appears the game is more cpu dependant, you need at least a dual core for this.
  5. LGraves

LGraves TS Rookie Posts: 39

Blizzard beta seem impossible to get in on! I used to play Startcraft 1 on the worst system ever and it ran pretty smoothly. I can't wait to see SC2 on my new monitor.
  6. Viandroto

Viandroto TS Rookie

I was kind of upset to not see I didn't get into the first wave of beta testing... And now I didn't get into the FFXIV beta testing... It seems I'm stuck playing WCIII a little while longer.

I suppose that's alright, because it looks like I'm gonna need to get a job and upgrade my system as my graphics card is a Radeon HD3870... My CPU is a dual-core 2.80GHz AMD Athlon... So I might still be good with that, yeah?
  7. Any Dual Core beyond 2Ghz should do the trick.. and any good/decent G-card will run it at about 30-50 fps.. just be sure to have fast ram eg: 800mhz or better FSB and a card beyond a Go 6600 or a radeon 9800 pro.. ok?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.