StarCraft II rated 'Adults Only' in Korea

By Matthew
Apr 20, 2010
  1. Korea, a nation where StarCraft is practically a religion, has rated the title's sequel AO (Adults Only). Due to StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty's level of violence, foul language, and depiction of drug use, South Korea's Games Rating Board (GRB) has deemed the game unfit for youngsters.

Read the whole story
  2. now blizzard is saying they over nerfed marauders.they will be doing that a lot i bet. this game is not coming out any ways so it does not matter.
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,885   +643

YES! spot on! they "obviously" rate games when they're not coming out! how could I be soo stupid to think that this game was being rated for when its released!

Actually how did i think this game was ever going to come out? I mean the amount of hype and the beta testing I guess they must have just fired everyone to stop it being released after the rating.

I also believe Pigs die on there own accord, we don't kill them for bacon, they just lay down and die in front of us and the bacon eventually rots out of the pig and we just "have" to pick it up and cook it.
  4. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 594   +50

That's pretty ridiculous. I wonder what they rated the first StarCraft. I have a hard time believing that it actually deserves that high of a rating. I guess other countries are more sensitive to violence than America. It's a pity really.
  5. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy S.O.B.
  6. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

Korea is an incredibly censored country...
    In battle net attack, one of my favorite terrans hwasin beat a random player, who quickly said "sex sex pu ssy hair" (in korean) and there was pretty massive damage all around.

No way those things are still imba.
  7. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Oh great! now I have to go to North Korea for the good games and wait for a passing pig to drop dead for a decent BLT!
  8. Maybe it's a ploy by the government to counter the heavy gaming of their younger population.
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,885   +643

That has to be the funnyist post I have ever read! What a way to wake up in the morning this was!
  10. So when does it come out???

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.