Start/Progams menu size

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

I have a problem with the Start/Progams menu size. When I click Start then Progams, the programs menu, which is three columns wide, is now so wide that I can hardly see any of the third column. Each of the three columns is about twice as wide as it used to be.

What may be, at least part of the cause is, I rolled back to a restore point that was just before I uninstalled AVG anti-virus, and then tried to install F-Secure, which failed to install.

As far a I know, I did nothing else that could have caused this. If anybody knows how to get the columns back to normal size, I sure would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Ok heres a few ideas,
check your program folder using explorer for any unusually long file names. Set the icons to large or small depending on what you have now. Change the theme and try windows classic view. It just may kick the default settings back.

good luck

Thanks for the reply Shiney. I thought I had checked all those things, but upon looking at your reply and going through everything you said, I saw that I had missed changing the icon size. I set them to small and was able to see the whole programs list, and renamed any programs that were extra long, to a shorter name.

That fixed my problem. I just don't know how it got that way in the first place. All I can think of was the rollback, but that shouldn't have caused it.

Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for the help.

You can also place programs in related groups by putting them in sub folders in the Start folder . Works for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back