Status
Not open for further replies.
WINDOW VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64BIT SP1

MSI K9N SLI-F V.2 AM2 NFORCE 570 MB
ULTRA CYBERPOWER 800W POWER SUPPLY
3x250GB SATA II 3.GB 7200RPM 8MB
OEM AMD X2 6000 AM2 CPU
2x 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800

Sometimes when i start my computer, i hear it start up however it will not appear on the monitor. I always make sure the monitor is on and when i turn the computer off and turn it back on it works just fine. Im just curious what is making it do that!!! Any ideas?

at what point do you lose video? your graphics card may not have the correct driver or the display may not be properly configured

I usually dnt leave it on that long. I probably sldnt of said that XD
The the screen is a black screen when it comes on.
My graphics card has the right drivers

Sometimes when i start my computer....
So sometimes it starts normally or do you mean after you try to restart it?

Before starting the PC next time, try shutting off the power supply by the rocker switch at the back of the PSU for 10 seconds or so. If your PSU doesn't have a switch, just unplug it. If it works, this is not fixing the problem but it points to the motherboard as maybe being the problem.

I tried turning on my computer first again and it did not work, so i had to turn it off and back on again... Which switch do you mean on the PSU? Is it the on off switch or the red switch? I tried both. The red switch would turn of the computer after 20 minutes of running, so i stopped doing that. Turning the on off switch i will try again with that 2morrow

Update: I turn the on/off switch on the PSU first everytime. That seems to do the trick. If anyone else has any better ideas please let me know. Its kind of a pain to hit the switch everytime but i dnt mind doing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back