Start up problems after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently upgraded putting in a new abit kv7 motherboard,(i already had a kv7 but gave it to a friend), athlon xp 3000 and fan and 512 ddr ram x 1. Initially the machine started and then crashed after a few moments. I tried a new power supply and there was no difference.I checked everything was secure and it then started but did not bring the monitor on. Some help please.

Processor:Athlon xp 3000
RAM:512 x 3 ddr
Motherboard:abit kv7
Graphics:256mb Radeon 9200

Welcome to TechSpot

If the mobo is a newer/changed revision from the old one, you will most likely have to reinstall Windows and the new drivers from the mobo-CD.

I would suggest a repair of XP, instead of a reinstall, this way you can keep all of your important data and programs. Have a look here for information about repairing XP or 2000

BTW :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

i would try and update the drivers, but the monitor isnt even switching on so i dont actually know if the machine is booting up or hanging!

got it sorted

took everything out checked all components on another pc all worked. That left the mobo I took out the cmos battery and changed the jumper left it over night and the next day all was working! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back