start up problems after upgrade

By raffsf
Nov 13, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i recently upgraded putting in a new abit kv7 motherboard,(i already had a kv7 but gave it to a friend), athlon xp 3000 and fan and 512 ddr ram x 1. Initially the machine started and then crashed after a few moments. I tried a new power supply and there was no difference.I checked everything was secure and it then started but did not bring the monitor on. Some help please.

Processor:Athlon xp 3000
    RAM:512 x 3 ddr
    Motherboard:abit kv7
    Graphics:256mb Radeon 9200
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Welcome to TechSpot

If the mobo is a newer/changed revision from the old one, you will most likely have to reinstall Windows and the new drivers from the mobo-CD.
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I would suggest a repair of XP, instead of a reinstall, this way you can keep all of your important data and programs. Have a look here for information about repairing XP or 2000

BTW :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
  4. raffsf

raffsf Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i would try and update the drivers, but the monitor isnt even switching on so i dont actually know if the machine is booting up or hanging!
  5. raffsf

raffsf Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

got it sorted

took everything out checked all components on another pc all worked. That left the mobo I took out the cmos battery and changed the jumper left it over night and the next day all was working! :grinthumb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.