Started losing wireless connection, then no connection at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstuarez

Ok, my problem started about 2 months ago, i'd try connecting to a game that required internet, and my connection would almost always be lost. A month ago, i couldn't connect to most of my games but Warcraft3 and Counter-Strike 1.6. Just about a week ago, i start losing my connection to both games. 3 days ago, my biggest problem arrived, my computer wasn't able to pick up any wireless networks to connect to. So, I haven't had a connection since then.
If you need any other information to help me with this problem, ask,
Jaymes

we need to knwo if its lap/desktop, what model/make the wifi card is and what access point/router etc your using..

but some ideas in the meantime
1. get a friend;s laptop with wifi and see if it will connect to the router
2. install your wifi card in question on a different machine, security settings and all
3. if you cant still pick up anything with the pc goto teh nearest place that you knwo will have a wifi hotspot active (if its not a desktop :p)
4. cable to your router/access point directly and with teh help of another pc/laptop with wifi see if it picks any signal up.
5. observe any changes that happend to before and during your problem period ie: new furnature, weather conditions, tv, radio, electrical stuff etc... move the access point around a bit see if it helps out
6. using cable directly to your internet connection and verify all is ok...

those steps should tell you whats at fault, or at least give us a sign

follow them steps or get your own connection. the people you were getting it from probably got tired of you suckin their bandwidth playin games. also you can get yourself or the people hostin the AP in trouble for using it with out them knowing.

There were three networks that i could connect to, my normal, my mom's. But, i'll check out what Neosim said to do when i get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back