Starting from scratch, please check logs

By andiejac
Jan 27, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I still have some things that are being detected by my antivirus and firewall, and I haven't heard anything more from my other thread since I've run Combofix. So, I'm starting from scratch and hope that someone can have a look at the logs and let me know their recommendations.

First, I had an Avira scan (after the Combofix run) that showed the following, which I placed into quarantine:
    The file 'C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP208\A0022794.exe'
    contained a virus or unwanted program 'TR/Murdak.A.36' [trojan]
    Action(s) taken:
    The file was moved to '49ae97ad.qua'!

Comodo keeps blocking svchost.exe files.

There are A LOT of files in Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware quarantines from all the scans over the past few days. SuperAntiSpyware has quarantined that says it's a malware installer in program files\wildtangent\... I assume that I should remove all the files in the quarantines? Or do I go about removing them another way to be sure that they don't come back in a different location?

Attached are the latest Malwarebytes Anti Malware log, SuperAntiSpyware log, and Hijackthis log. Please let me know what I can do next & how I can go about cleaning everything that is still left on my computer. I want to be sure that I am safe to start installing Windows Updates, etc.

Thanks for your help!
  2. andiejac

andiejac Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

bumping request for help - see logs in first post.

bumping...

Please let me know if everything looks ok, or if there is still more to do to get rid of the virus(es). I want to be sure that everything is ok.

Thanks in advance!
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

There are a lot of infected systems- bumping a post after a few hours is not appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic120843.html

Please realize that we are all volunteers. We try to take the posts in date order. You need to be more patient. starting a new thread was not the way to go.

The logs are clean. Are the problems resolved?
  4. andiejac

andiejac Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

My sincere apologies. I was unsure what the protocol was, and I did not mean to be impatient.

The Google search redirect is fixed. But it also appears that there was another virus that I was unaware of and did not notice any symptoms for. I guess everything appears to be ok for now.

I appreciate your help - this is a great service that you do! Keep up the good work.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.