Startup and Error problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn't know were this went, but I have a problem. When I startup my computer. I sign into my user, and all it shows is the background, it does the startup noise. I can press Ctrl+alt+delete And open up the thing, so I can log off, task manage, shut down, lock computer, and all that, but it takes like 15 minutes for the icons and toolbar to appear. I run a Emachines windows XP 2002 home edition with 512 mb ram. Also, while I'm running it, my internet doesn't work, and some programs won't open. Also. I get an error, TrueVector service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and it keeps happening. And every now and then zone alarm trys to open, but it fails. Please help.

If this is in the wrong forum, please move it or tell me were it should be?

Hi NinjaKitty and welcome to the Forum :wave:

It sound like the OS has a lot of problems, this is one of the reasons why PC companies supply a system to restore the PC to its original condition, and usually happens after a long period of installing/uninstalling programs as well as after attack from nasties such as trojans/worms and viruses, it is possible that someone with a good knowledge of PC's may be able to sort it out, but that will cost money so your best route is to reinstall the OS.

If you have data on the PC that you dont want to lose then DONT reinstall as all the data will be wiped, in that case post back and I'll tell you what to try.

Let us know what you decide.

Regards

I really don't want to reinstall the Os, Namely because I don't have the cd. Atleast I don't think so.

Edit: I found a Microsoft Windows Xp Home SP1a Operating system CD, Should that work?

Hi Kitty

You will have to google the laptop and see what the recovery procedure is, for some it is by a floppy disk, others a set of CD's.

Also has the laptop got a key for the OS on it,?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back