TechSpot

Static IP Address Changed

By cookiedude
Jan 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, so please move if need be.

I have a VPN for connecting to my work server, but we've recently changed our ISP and with it our static IP address. I need to connect to copy some files over today but don't know what the new IP address is. Is there any way I can find this out remotely, or would I have to be on that network to find it?

Thanks in advance

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,413   +1,595

cookiedude likes this.
  3. cookiedude

cookiedude TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 230

Thanks, that worked a treat, unfortunately the server isn't allowing my connection! These things never work when you need them too :confused: I think some tinkering is needed on the server tomorrow.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,413   +1,595

Glad that worked out for you. :) At first I didn't know, if you could cross reference the address.

Only wish your main objective could have been completed.

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

http://www.whatismyip.com

Use that when on the network. Maybe ring up a secretary at work to obtain this info?

You may also need to check the port forward rules on your switch to see if they work on the new IP.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.