Status bar in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

When I open new windows on links the IE (6.0) sometimes has no visible status bar. It's impossible to say what causes this problem cause it doesn't occur all the time and in no special pattern. But I noticed that there is a high chance that if one window has no status bars the the next few won't have any as well.
Sure, I can set them manually. The status bar is not the most important thing in the world, but it's nevertheless annoying.
I can't find a general option in any of the settings and even if there was one it would most likely not solve the problem because the missing status bar happens in a random pattern.

I guess this can't be solved, it's just a bug.

While we are on it, let's have another one:
I often have to click two times on a link to get the IE to open the location. Again, this happens on a random base. I thought there's maybe a utility stopping the load or perhaps just another IE-specific bug.

Here is what I did to solve this problem.

Open EXPLORER - Windows Explorer - NOT Internet Explorer.

Go to view menu, tick status bar (or, if its already there, untick it and then tick it again.)

Now, Tools - Folder options - view - Apply to all folders.

That sorted it for me.

Thanks. Let's wait and see if it does the job.
The file explorer settings affect the IE settings? Would've never guessed that.

Most people don't guess that... But they are so intertwined with each other it is almost to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back