Steam Autumn Sale starts, wallets begin to cry

Scorpus

Staff member

steam autumn sale valve steam gaming sale pc gaming autumn sale games

It's that time of the year again, where your wallets scream as you throw your money at a Steam sale. The 2013 Steam Autumn Sale has begun and will continue to run until December 3, offering the usual fantastic deals on games for Windows, Mac and Linux.

If you haven't participated in a Steam sale before, there are three categories of discounts: general sales that last until the end of the Autumn Sale, Daily Deals which are usually available for 1-2 days, and Flash Sales that last for eight hours. Discounts across the categories are usually very good, usually ranging from 25% off to upwards of 75% off; for example you can currently pick up The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim {pf id:4195 size:small} for just $7.49 (75% off).

To get the most out of the Steam Autumn Sale, we recommend you wait until games you're after turn up on the Daily Deals or Flash Sales, as they offer the deepest discount. If at the end of the sale you haven't seen the game come up on a Daily Deal or Flash Sale, or you've missed the limited-time promotion, grab it in the general sale.

The Autumn Sale could also be the perfect time to pick up some Steam Gifts for the upcoming holiday season, as your gamer friends aren't going to say no to a new title for their collection. For those who are just looking to buy games for their collection, let us know what you pick up in the comments below.

Permalink to story.

I just picked up Brothers: A tale of two sons on Steam. The competition is fierce though, Amazon and other sites are trying to take some of that Steam away.

I love how if you scroll to the bottom of the page it shows you the opposite season for each hemisphere :D

And now I keep wondering and telling myself why my wallet is never obese how can I ever save some money if these sales and offers keep coming out :S I can never resist the temptation to buy new games

Imho they should have had Autumn sale back in October to November rather than month before Winter sale ^^

Haven't picked up anything yet. Own most games I would actually spend time playing. Of course, there are the other 218 games I also have that I'll probably never have time to play...

Back