STEAM: Counter strike source lag, how to fix?

During my recent times playing CSS ive been getting told im lagging all over the place, but to me everything seems fine. SOO I need help to fix this lag of mine. I play on a laptop over wifi.
my laptop:
Asus
model: Q500A
processor: intel core i5-3210M
RAM: 6GB

My laptop is currently having problems with it too such as when I try to shut down it'll take like 5 minutes or wont at all and sometimes loses connection to the wifi and I wont be able to open the list of available wifi, but when I can it wont show or connect so I have to restart my laptop.

You're playing on wifi on a probably bad Internet connection. Sometimes even though it looks okay to you, you're in fact lagging.

You're playing on wifi on a probably bad Internet connection. Sometimes even though it looks okay to you, you're in fact lagging.

Nah, his PC has Intel 4000 graphics. That is the issue. There is not really much you can do here other than updating the driver (and that wont help much). Download the latest driver from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows 7 (64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers. After you install them, open up CSS and turn the graphics settings to the lowest possible.

As for your wifi issues, go to device manager and collapse the tab that says "Network Adapters". Tell me what is listed below it or take a screenshot.

Back