Steam doing anyone elses head in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

I aint been able to log on to steam for 2 days.

says steam is unable to connect to the steam servers or something, so i dont think its just me...? anyone else unable to use steam or any of their games?

I haven't had that trouble in the last couple of days. I'll check again when I get home today.

hmmm interesting...maby it is just me then

anyone no the cause for the error "steam is unable to connect to the steam servers"? then?

ive been unable to log in all day was fine a couple days ago, everything else works ok.

That message will appear if you're not properly connected to the Internet, or if you have blocked Steam in your firewall.

Actualy it's today because I heard that Steam's server is down at the moment so we cant log it ( that's just what I heard so dont get mad if im wrong ;) )

Also I cant log in earlier... I want to play with garry's mod :(

I couldn't get on all of today. But then again I don't play that much anymore because all I have is CS 1.6, in which every server is infected with kids yelling in their mic with high-pitched voices...Not like I get much time to play anyways, my workload is a b**** near Christmas time...

I get the "unable to connect to Steam servers" thing and then I click the support link it gives me, and it turns out that support.steampowered.com is also down (and every other part of steampowered.com is ok...) lol :haha:

Evidently there is a power outage in the Bellevue/Seattle area in the Northwest that was caused by a severe storm. It has affected Steam server availability.

I am able to log in no problem, however I do get the message:

Due to technical difficulties, Steam purchases are currently disabled. The rest of the Steam service is operational. We apologize for any inconvenience.

i've been off blowing steam for the last 2 days since it wouldn't connect (thought it was some nasty network problem again..). Luckly i havn't started pulling my hair yet :D

Steam should be working now.. just logged on to it..

problem after problem...i can now log on but counter strike source servers list doesnt come up with anything, ses there is a problem with the master server or something..:(

Ollie30001, The reason for that problem is because your Firewall is active you have to Disable it to play ( I have to do it to ) ;)

nah wasnt nothing to do with my firewall, there are no secure server at the moment for some reason, all i had to do was change the "secure" to "all" settings in the server filter

:haha: yeah the VAC secure severs are down because Seattle is in a storm right now and they cant get the servers back up, they got Steam up though so you can still play games ;)

I had the strangest urge to play HL2 Mod yesterday and was getting angry that I couldn't get into steam. Then, I called my friend and he couldn't either. At least it's fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back