Steam error message "game is currently unavailable"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of days ago I figured I was in the mood for a little counter strike source action. So I click on CS:S an it starts to load and then a error message pops up an it reads " This game is currently unavailable. Please try again another time." Now it does this when i try an play any of my steam games. I've done everything I know how to do to try an fix this problem but nothing has worked. I have un-installed an re-installed steam 4-5 times, I've un-installed an re-installed CS:S 4-5 times, I've restarted my comp more times then I can remember, I've read a couple of random forum sites an emailed steam help center. I don't know a whole lot about computers just enough to maintain an enjoy my computer (I'm more of a dirt bike paintball guy). So if any of you reading this know how to fix my problem I would be very appreciative towards a reply. Thank for your time.

!nsomnia702

I don't know if I have the answer but were you trying to play online or single player against bots? What kind of internet connection are you using, broadband? If you are trying to play single player and you have broadband, try unplugging your internet connection at the back of your PC. That worked for me when I recently got that message and I was only trying to play single player. For some reason when I reconnected later, everything was working again.

how long has it been the last time you played? steam might disconnected your steam account but i doubt it. i dont know that answer cuz i never had that problem. or maybe go to the steam settings and see if you're vac banned etc.

I use my roommates comp, so i don't a the specs on it. We use cable 2m connection and i was trying to play online. It wont even let me sign into CS:S it just starts to load CS:S an the msg pops up. well thank you for your time I really do appreciate it.

I play CS:S everyday cuz i dont have my dirt bike or my paintball gun anymore so CS:S is my last hobby. I'm in good standing with vac so that shouldnt be the problem. thank you for your time i really appreciate it.

Re-register thegame into your PC's directory.
go to the folder were the game was installed and
run the registry setup file.
try it and see if it works.

I tried deleting the client.blob file but all steam did was loaded up a little slower to redownload whatever was in that file ot begin with. I still can't play CS:S

You realize this is a very old thread right? First delete clientregistry.blob. Load up STEAM. If it still doesn't work then uninstall STEAM, delete the STEAM folder and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back