TechSpot

Steam GTA3 problem

By TimeParadoX
Jan 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently bought a few games on STEAM with my Christmas money and I have a problem with one, When I try to load Grand Theft Auto 3 it'll load but it gives me this message:

[​IMG][/URL]

Since I did not buy the game Physically through a Store I do not have the CDs, I've looked around the STEAM forums to see if anyone else has this problem but no one has a thread on it. Does anyone know how to fix this or atleast skip the CD check ( I don't think a NoCD will work for a STEAM game )
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Has the download been completed ? I know that when I used to install GTA3 it installed off the first CD & then when you launched it asked you to insert the 2nd CD as that's where the songs were stored.

Maybe Steam/Valve has rushed things a bit & messed the download of the files.
  3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,438

Well it's Updating in STEAM right now, Perhaps that's what it's fixing?
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Yeah I think that would be it. Wait for it to finish updating and try then. I had a similar problem with Max Payne 2 off Steam.
  5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,438

Ok it's finished updating, It works now! :)

Mods could close the thread if they want.
  6. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Have fun, shoot Salvatore in the leg for me. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.