Steam not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been let into steam. I just click the icon, get the hourglass cursor for a second then nothing. Nothing loads. I'm pretty sure I have no firewall or spyware protection. i just uninstalled all that I know. I also uninstalled steam and deleted all the files. I redownloaded but to no success. I've also fixed my time using the atomic time program. Here's my HijackThis log:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

Your system has been hijacked.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Download and run the Blacklight programme. follow all the instructions carefully.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of albo23 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Uhh... No info? How is it Hijacked? What type of virus do I have, where are you getting this info? Sorry but I'm kind of clueless right now.

The 017 entries in your HJT log are from the Hijacker. The IP address resolves to xbox.dedi.inhoster.com which is somewhere in Russia. I`ve known about this particular hijack for quite some time, that`s because I deal with viruses/spyware etc every day of my life and have done for a long time.

Now go and follow the instructions I gave you.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of albo23 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You need to follow the instructions properly. That includes renaming HijackThis.exe, placement and installing, running and posting an AVG Antispyware log as requested.

Go back to my post #2 and follow all the instructions to the letter.

Then, post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs and let me know the results of the Blacklight scan.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back