Steam on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haseo

I have a few questions here, yes I'm back again! ^_^ Anyway here we go!

I just saw the Original Half Life on Steams site for 10 dollars, well that's just plain awesome on so many levels. But first I decided, I'm gonna download steam before I buy the game. So I installed it and whenever I try to open it, I get an error message that says

Steam.exe (main exception); Unable to load library Steam.dll

And it refuses to open no matter what I try...

Also, for my second question!

If I purchase the game from Steams site, is it a downloadable file? Or does it end up with the whole "We'll ship you this super special awesome game in 2-5 weeks" type thing?

If anyone has answers to any of these questions, please let me know, I'm kinda dying here ^^;

Haseo said:
I'm kinda dying here ^^;

lol.

well, anyway. my buddy chris has it, and he says it's a downloadable. i'm sure many will probably affirm this.

as for the .dll, i can only imagine that many others that use steam with vista are having such issues. somehow it didn't install or locate one of the libraries. perhaps there's a place to download that, or a tweak to fix it with. maybe a google search cross referencing steam .dll problems with vista will turn up some interesting forum posts with people have similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back