Steam support

It appears that they only want you to contact them online and you have to create a separate support account to do so. So it seems to me anyway.

Ya like Mail said got to contact them via e-mail, and you'll get a response back within a couple business days. I don't even think they have a phone number for customer issues not even billing. For all the awesome Steam does their support is utter garbage which is a shame. What issues are you having or you just curious?

Thanks Mail and Relic, that's what I thought. :)

@ Relic, I am trying to get them to answer some questions about re-downloading games that I have already been purchased. i am putting together a new machine and the "save the game folder" procedure that they sent me seems rather 'breakdownable'.

Trying to lock CC out of his account so he can't play "Singles:Flirt up your life" ?

Bot a bad idea....Hmmmmmmm

Trying to lock CC out of his account so he can't play "Singles:Flirt up your life" ?
Truth is stranger then fiction!! How's this for reality...

I recently saw an ad on a movie DVD for "The Bachelor Video Game" (coming soon) based on the ABC reality show where one can play the game to compete electronically to try and learn their flirting skills...

Very weird... and kinda sad....

I just Googled and found this link to the video game trailer

You should have unlimited downloads for any game you purchased through Steam, since you technically don't own the games but have an indefinite lease on it from Steam with your purchase. I've personally downloaded the same game on different machines with no problems, you just can't play them at the same time unless one is in offline mode and the other online. Just make sure to bring over any custom settings if its not a Steam cloud based game.

Thanks Relic,
Matthew said the same thing. I really don't like the idea of purchasing a game , and not owning it, and not being able to get an actual person on the phone.

Ya one of the big downers with Steam. Reason why I won't buy full digital games from them due to this and rather from someone else or retail. My Steam collection is made up of Valve games which I'm fine buying at full price and games/packages I got discounted. Anything important I prefer to purchase retail since I have more rights with it.

Anything important I prefer to purchase retail since I have more rights with it.

okay, I don't know a whole lot about how this works, so if you would explain this to me. For example I purchased Metro 2033 (a retail disc) and as far as I know, have no choice but to run it through Steam. Same for CODMW2, Dirt2, etc.

You should have unlimited downloads for any game you purchased through Steam...
The same applies to hard copy retail games. That is, since you have to register the retail game through Steam, that particular game with that product code is tied to your account and thereafter you can install a downloaded copy of the game to any of your computers the same as if you bought a digital copy. Of course, you can only play on one PC at a time, just like the digital version.

Even though I only buy retail, I still have used Steam to download registered games to a new PC, such as CS: S or HL2.

I can't address the more rights with retail though. I thought it was about the same.

Ya not a fan when non-Valve published games require Steam to play. The publishers chose Steam as their form of DRM rather then some other 3rd party like SecuROM, hence the need for it. While they are by far the least intrusive DRM, they are still DRM. As Mail said it'll be like any digital Steam game, you just have a retail box. However I'm not exactly sure what would happen down the road if say Steam shut down and you have a retail copy from a 3rd party publisher that forced Steam onto you and others. I'd hope they'd release a patch in order to play the game. They might not though and say you agreed to the terms when purchasing the game. I'm no lawyer but there seems to be a lot of gray involved with digital distribution which is scary.

I highly doubt something like this would happen in the near future though or ever so no worries. Just be aware that you don't actually have full rights with digital content or Steam DRM games. Like ability to resell, full control and the requirement for a 3rd party to play your games.

Back