Steam's "Perils of Summer" sale discounts hundreds of titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Hoping to pillage your disposable income, Valve has launched an epic assault on your bank account: the Steam "Perils of Summer" sale. Until July 4, Steam will drastically reduce prices on a new set of games every day, promising discounts of up to 90%. Additionally, tons of game collections have been marked down by anywhere from 25% to 87%, effectively slashing prices on hundreds of titles.

For today's 24-hour sale, Killing Floor is $5 (75% off), the Overlord Complete Pack is $4.50 (85% off), Trine is $4 (80% off), BioShock 2 is $14.99 (50% off), the Unreal Deal Pack is $13.60 (66% off), Colin McRae DiRT 2 is $10 (75% off), Counter-Strike: Source is $6.80 (66% off), and Aion Standard Edition is $19.99 (50% off). We have a complete list of all the publisher-specific collections after the break.

Permalink to story.

valve loves its pasty light skinned fans and wants to keep them that way! hha.. pickd up killing floor myself.

HAHAHAHA! They can't get me this time - I've already bought all those damn games in previous Steam sales. :p

bahhh... there goes all my moneys :(

Just bought Bioshock 2, Dirt 2, Killing Floor, and the Overlord Pack.
Tempted to go back and buy the Unreal Pack.

Hahaha i've fallen victim too, bought Team Fortress 2 the other day lol, i even broke into money i wasn't supposed too go into, to get that game lol

Steam sucks like an ice cream parlor that opens up across the street when you're trying to lose weight.

Grrr.

Damn you Steam!! :)

Why don't other companies follow this (I see you Ubisoft)?

hello ...

somebody save me from myself .... too late i'm checking out all the games (CoH so far ...)

cheers!

Damn sales. I got The Witcher, Avencast, and Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon. The latter I already own, but I figured $2.03 isn't bad to have a downloadable copy. Maybe that was just a waste of money.

@ET3D I have re bought a few games I bought at retail on steam just to get its community feactures and fulls steam support. I would trust valve with my life... (ok thats going a bit far)

Bought Ghostbusters, Plants vs Zombies, and another game for my daughter. Spent a grand total of 15 bucks. I see everyone else raided their piggy banks too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back