Steelseries Siberia Elites vs 9H vs H Wireless

Which Headset to get from the list below:

• Steelseries 9H

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Burty117

Hi Guys,

I have owned a pair of Steelseries 7H Fanatic Editions for a while now and I've really enjoyed them, reason I'm looking for something new is due to me dropping them a few times and now the right earcup doesn't work all the time
sad.png

Now to all the Audiophiles out there, please do not recommend an external Amp / DAC and some ridiculous Audiophile grade headphones for the same price, that is NOT what I'm after, I have that stuff already and tried using an external microphone etc... I do not like that setup for games.

I build gaming PC's for quite a few of my friends and family, They all choose gaming headsets from a range of brands so I get to try out various headsets, Something I can agree with Linus is that Steelseries is one of the brands that "get it" the sound quality is very good, they're not disappointing like Razer headsets for example.

Now the 3 different headsets I've listed in the topic title are on my "possible candidates" list but making a decision has become increasingly difficult.

I've never had an issue with Steelseries build quality, I've used my 7H's every single day for hours at a time and they've never let up until I dropped in on concrete several times.

NOW MY QUESTION:

Does anyone here own any of the listed headsets? Or anyone who has experience with all 3? According to Linus the H Wireless has better sound quality than the Siberia Elites, But I've also been told the 9H is the wired version of the H Wireless?

Can anyone confirm any of this?

From the spec pages on Steelseries it seems the 9H uses different drivers than the H-Wireless, and also, do the H-Wireless really sound that much better over the Siberia Elites?

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated, I do not want to spend any more than the H Wireless is (£220) on the headset, the wireless isn't that important for me and the ability to plug in consoles (or pretty much anything) isn't the be all, end all BUT I can definitely use it.

Thanks!

Hi Burty
I am currently in the same predicament I too have a 7H currently, I received the 9H for Xmas and whilst they are pretty nice & they sound good, they are not very loud at all. I think I'm going to get the Siberia Elite and see what they are like.

Hi Burty
I am currently in the same predicament I too have a 7H currently, I received the 9H for Xmas and whilst they are pretty nice & they sound good, they are not very loud at all. I think I'm going to get the Siberia Elite and see what they are like.
Thanks! Thing Is I thought the 7H were quite quiet until I got a half decent sound card and now they can get painfully loud, I wonder if the 9H's just take a bit more power to run? Do they sound considerably better over the 7h? I personally think the 7h's sound absolutely fantastic even in music and movie watching.

Thanks! Thing Is I thought the 7H were quite quiet until I got a half decent sound card and now they can get painfully loud, I wonder if the 9H's just take a bit more power to run? Do they sound considerably better over the 7h? I personally think the 7h's sound absolutely fantastic even in music and movie watching.
Well I use the USB sound card that comes with the headset as its pretty descent and you can use it to change a load of the settings, 7.1 emulation for example. I used the USB sound card that came with the 9H too and the volume is a considerable amount quieter than the 7H. Apparently you can get a little more out of them using a sound card but still not merely enough (this is going by a review I have read, PM'd you with the link as not sure I can post other sites on here) The Siberia Elite have the same drivers as the 9H, They look "fancier" and are apparently more comfortable maybe my opinion has been swayed by the fancy look I'm not sure, guess I'll find out when I get them :)

Well I use the USB sound card that comes with the headset as its pretty descent and you can use it to change a load of the settings, 7.1 emulation for example. I used the USB sound card that came with the 9H too and the volume is a considerable amount quieter than the 7H. Apparently you can get a little more out of them using a sound card but still not merely enough (this is going by a review I have read, PM'd you with the link as not sure I can post other sites on here) The Siberia Elite have the same drivers as the 9H, They look "fancier" and are apparently more comfortable maybe my opinion has been swayed by the fancy look I'm not sure, guess I'll find out when I get them :)

Yeah I've read that review, I'm kinda surprised they're quieter when they have the same drivers as the Elites and H Wireless and the same sound card as the Elites? I've also watch conflicting reviews (linked you to it in the same PM) which prefer the 9H's sound quality, say they get loud enough and are more comfortable than the elites as your ear doesn't get pushed in. I really don't know :confused:

I've read a lot of reviews for all 3 headsets, everyone seems to agree the H Wireless are the best wireless headsets on the market, but the 9H and Elite's seem to be getting slightly favored on a per review basis? Lighting effects don't bother me on the Elites but the idea that the 9H's cut out a lot of background noise does interest me (I play games in quite a close and loud environment).

Hey Burty,
Have you tried any of them yet? I still haven't got anywhere, still trying to send the 9H back.
Thought I would give them another try though and they are definitely not very loud at all :( they are pretty comfy but the loudness is a big issue for me. Also the difference between the 7h and 9h in noise isolation is very minimal in fact I would say almost the same

I'm afraid not, some financial woes are upon me so I can't even splash out on some new headsets until later this year :( Gutted to be honest since my 7h's are pretty broken at this stage.

I use Triton Gaming Headphones when I need to be quiet yet want to play some games.

Link: http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/proplus.asp

This linked one is the newer model of the one I currently have. Overall they are excellent multi-platform headsets with very nice sound quality. I especially love the separate gaming audio and voice audio setup!

Back