Steve Ballmer retirement confirmed by Microsoft

Still they are sitting on the biggest cash pile amongst tech giants with tight hold on corporate, so don't worry they aren't going anywhere.

Also, I see whole lot more people with WP phones in recent months (especially the 520s and 620s, since no crap droid can really match the performance in this price range) so I think if this trend continued in next 2/3 years they will have good mobile presence as well.

Microsoft Corp.'s stock shot up 9 percent in premarket trading following the news.
Am I looking at this backward or is it a little premature, he still has the reigns for another year?

No, there is logic in this. MS has 16 billion $ business (as per available info), and they have been making steady profits if not stellar. So, business is not in bad condition at all, its just that in mobile they slept for few too many years before waking up and trying to play catch up.

Also, as far as I remember, they are sitting on something like 76 billion $ in reserves, which they can't bring back in US due to tax (just like Apple and others) ........ so financially they are in pretty healthy state.

My money is on M$ ASKING Mr. Ballmer to pull the ripcord on his golden parachute, before he pilots the giant airliner that is M$, directly into the ground.

Hell, they could do better by asking a stewardess to take over the controls after that fool.

You know what I think funny? Probably 98% of the people talking about MS do it this way M$. A person in another forum told the M$ people to go to Linux or another non MS OS since they did nothing but complain about MS. Just my 2¢ worth.:)

You know what I think funny? Probably 98% of the people talking about MS do it this way M$. A person in another forum told the M$ people to go to Linux or another non MS OS since they did nothing but complain about MS. Just my 2¢ worth.:)
You know how much I'm interested in who said what in some other forum, not one iota! If I wanted to know, I'd join, rather than have to wait for the gossip to float back here.

The last huge problems we had, were with those two fools that were banned from the Windows 8 forum, then wandered over to TS to bemoan their cruel fate. (Well that, and to deny any wrongdoing of their own).

"M$", (at least for me), is an internet meme. It isn't positive or negative, just a matter of identification. You always know who I'm talking about. I'm surely, (other than this once), going through the trouble of typing out, "Microsoft Corporation", and "MS" seems so impersonal.:D

I've heard similar comments about using "M$" from others. But, that usually comes from a bunch of mouthy y'uns, who think they're terribly progressive, and make a big deal of having moved past that particular idiomatic expression. Meh......

Besides, who said anything bad about M$? Steve Ballmer however, is an a**hole, who has been making some questionable decisions ever since Bill Gates put him in charge.

I think Bill put him in charge to watch him fail. but that's just speculation.

Now, did you want to know who said what about who at the music forum I belong to?

Captaincranky, that wasn't directed at you specifically, but to anybody in general. Have a nice day sir.:)

Plausible deniability, I was there at its inception.........,but still remain forever the skeptic......
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but
I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

-- Robert McCloskey, U.S. State Department spokesman, at a press briefing during the Vietnam War.

Some enterprising hippy had that made into a poster....peace.

Back