Still being invaded by annoying pop-up ads :o'

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMAbomb

i followed the intructions for removing begin2search and coolwebsearch, which totally removed begin2search from my computer (thank yeh ;o) but i'm still being bombarded by pop-up ads.

i've also been getting a vccleanup.exe error message everytime i turn on the computer. Is there something i can/should do to fix it or to stop getting that message?

i've attached my current hijack-this log. (i think)

You have way too much junk on your PC. After following my thread about How to remove Begin2Search / Coolwebsearch
it is more than sufficient to keep Adaware and Spybot (and your Antivirus Kaspersky) and throw the rest away.

You are not supposed to have ANY Symantec stuff on your PC. Let's KILL it.

Boot in Safe Mode.

UNinstall anything to do with these, if you can:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PALTALK\PNETAWARE.EXE
C:\Program Files\SpyKiller\spykiller.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BUGTOASTER\BUGWATCHER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWARE DOCTOR\SPYDOCTOR.EXE

Run HJT and let it "fix" (if still there):

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\UPDATER\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNAPPAU.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VCMOZBE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PALTALK\PNETAWARE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWARE DOCTOR\SPYDOCTOR.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://channels.aimtoday.com/search/aimtoolbar.jsp
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.scourweb.net/nph-search.cgi?partner=wesrch1&look=stmpl1&kw=
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Everyones Internet
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\ST\01.02.3000.1002\EN-XU\STMAIN.DLL
O2 - BHO: ZServObj Class - {00000000-C1EC-0345-6EC2-4D0300000000} - C:\WINDOWS\ZSERV.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "c:\program files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fjhcojq] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vcmozbe.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win Server Updt] C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpyKiller] C:\Program Files\SpyKiller\spykiller.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWARE DOCTOR\SPYDOCTOR.EXE" /Q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BugWatcherService] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\BUGTOASTER\BUGWATCHER.EXE"
O4 - Startup: PalNetaware.lnk = C:\Program Files\Paltalk\pnetaware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\LiveReg\VcCleanUp.exe

Whwn HJT is done, delete the bold files. When a directory is also bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.

one more question (and a big Thanks)

Okay. i did everything you said except allow HJT to fix:

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/

and

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Everyones Internet

:wave: Should i have allowed HJT to fix them? cause the only reason i didn't was because i figured that the jesusfreakhideout.com website was listed because i have it saved as my homepage...and i didn't check Everyones Internet cause it's my internet provider..so i figured you wanted it fixed because you probably never heard of it.

Other than that my computer is running very smoothly and not a pop-up ad in sight :grinthumb Thank yeh! Thank yeh! so much..u rawk

It is generally advisable to have a reliable, well-known website as your default-page (such as www.techspot.com), rather than some obsure website.
But if you are happy with your choices, then that's OK by me.
Glad you got it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back