Still unable to Defrag my system

By Dave H
Jan 22, 2006
  1. Thanks for the info so far but my system still will not defrag even in Safe Mode it still stops at 10% and then restats with drivers changed restarting. Any other ideas Aol states I must try to defrag for some reason LOL
  2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

3. mastronaut

mastronaut TS Enthusiast Posts: 168

I agree with Peddant, DUMP THE AOL! I would also make sure there are no programs running in the backround while defragging. Ctrl-Alt-Delete to Task Manager see what's running and close. I would also exit out of any anti-virus program as well. I have had much success following these parameters.
    Good Luck!
  4. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

You already asked this question in another thread Don't create another thread for the same problem, next time keep posting in the same thread.

And I agree with the previous replies, get rid of AOL, it makes your computer run like crap
  5. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom TS Rookie Posts: 160

I had the same problem..the defrag would stop at 10%, but I was running Windows 98....all I did to fix it was get a third party defrag program
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.