Stop:0×40000080

Status
Not open for further replies.

gridou1982

Hi guys,

I've been getting the BSOD quite frequently since I reformatted my hard drive (downgrade from Vista to Windows XP Service Pack 3). It worked fine for about five months then I started getting the BSOD. The only thing I recently changed is my monitor, I am now using dual monitors. I don’t know what is the problem but I think I started to get the BSOD after getting my second monitor. The error code is:

STOP:0×40000080 (0×8664D130, 0×8623A698, 0xF7A63E60, 0×000000002)

I attached the minidump files.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    167.7 KB · Views: 1
Your five most recent minidumps all point to the same Intel NIC driver ele5132.sys as the cause of your issues. Update your NIC drivers. If this is pre-built update from the manufacturer's website.

Thanks a lot.

I went on Intel.com and ran the Intel® Driver Update Utility to automatically identify and find drivers. It says "This device is unknown or unsupported" for most of the drivers (Graphics Driver, Audio Driver for Intel® Desktop Board, Wireless Networking driver) but one driver was out of date (Wired Networking driver), I installed the latest driver named "Intel(R) 82566 Based Network Connection(OEM) 9.13.16.0"

Let me know if that's what I was supposed to do. Thanks a lot.

Updating the out of date driver for your NIC is a logical step. Let us know if it resolves the issue for you.

Thanks a lot. No BSOD so far... It looks like the Intel update did the trick...

I also found out that my NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS driver was out of date. I installed the latest driver but now my fan runs permanently after wakeup from sleep mode. I don't know if this is the cause of the NVIDIA update or the Intel update. Do you have an idea of what to do? Thanks a lot.

Great to hear on the no BSODs and thanks for getting back to us with this information. It adds to the pool knowledge.

As for your video card. The NIC driver update has nothing to do with your vid card; it wouldn't affect it.

Two things you can try:

A. The unwritten rule concerning drivers is: If it ain't broke don't fix it. If your video card was functioning correctly and there were no issues then try rolling back to the driver that was working.

B. When you updated your video card drivers did you uninstall the old ones first? I suggest doing the following whether rolling back or updating the latest...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Let us know how it goes.

Thanks a lot! I rolled back to the previous driver for my video card and my fan activity is back to normal.

Still no BSOD. Crossing my fingers...

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back