STOP 0x00000024 During Win7's Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the topic states I get a STOP error right after the "Starting Windows" screen shows up. Safe modes all result in the same way (I believe Ntfs.sys is corrupt). Ubuntu Linux works fine, reads/writes fine, etc.

Where can I get a new ntfs.sys file to use, or do I have to do a full reinstall (The Win7 install CD boots to a blue screen also). I can access my Win7 partition.
Also It wouldn't be much of a pain to reinstall, all my doc and games are on a different partition, but I would still like to avoid it.

I went searching through Google and a lot of users seem to be having this issue with Windows 7. Some of the fixes mentioned were:

Clean install Vista on one Partition
Use Advanced upgrade on Windows XP to Windows 7
Run Check Disk
Run Drive Diagnostics
Even check for Malware

The most common seemed to be having with Users having multiple partitions that also included older OSs (like XP) And generally the result was clean install, removing all partitions first :(

I hope others reply, because I'd like to know what the simple solution is myself ;)

EDIT: Cannot access 3 NTFS partitions - marked as active and ubuntu cannot mount.

Malware wouldn't be a problem, I download ALL suspicious files in Ubuntu. Have only ever gotten one trojan in the past 3 years.

Vista install has issues... I will see If i can get it to work, thanks.

XP =) will do.

Hard Drive is fine.

Thank you for quick reply. Will mess around and see if I can fix it.

UPDATE: Formatted the Windows 7 partition and re-installed. BSOD upon launch for a split second - not even long enough to display hex code. Just two paragraphs of text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back