Stop: 0x0000007e

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignutz

Hello to all,

First off any help would be greatly appreciated, started a scan for daily virus. I left to return with frozen screen. I restarted the computer it proceeded to boot and the blue screen came up, with the message of Stop: 0x0000007e (0xc00005, 0x000040d8, 0xf8cfc54c, 0xf8cfc248). I restarted f8 tried to start in safe mode with no luck, I also tried to disable automatic restart on system failure also with no luck.I then tried last good known configuration all of this with no luck. I then went into the boot device menu @ #6 to boot to utility partition, there i entered system diagnostic and did a series of test for which all pass. I figured at this point I would invite any help. I cannot get pass the blue screen. again thanks in advance.

Your error 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

As you can tell there may be several reasons for your issue(s). Has this problem occured prior to doing this virus scan? Was the scan for routine maintenance or did you suspect infections of some sort? What "series of tests" have you run?

hello again,

Yes I did suspect a virus, I think it was an virturmond or something of that nature. Where do I start as far as correcting this issue. by the way the system is by dell dimesion 2400 running window xp. I have had stop codes a little more lately. Thank in advance.

Virtumonde O.o

Can you get into safemode with command prompt?

If so, then run chkdsk /f /r

See if that adds any help

Would suggest trying to find a way to hang it off your brother's laptop, using an external enclosure or similar.

But if there's a chance of a virus infection, then we would hate to contaminate your brother's (and I'm sure he wouldn't be throwing a party either).

Will have a think

My suggestion is to go to the Virus & Malware forum here and read the 8 Step sticky and follow it step by step and post there with the three required logs. Don't skip a step and make sure you post all three logs. You'll get ecellent help.

Hello,

I would like to try this ; however if I cannot get into safe mode I cannot try what is in the malware section.

At the risk of contaminating another machine.

My suggestion at this point might be to take it into a computer shop and get a technician to have a look at it, if you can.

They should have something like we do in our workshop, where we have a virus bin machine which we nuke every so often and it's not connected to the network in any way. We can then attach the hard drives off it and run scans to clean off any junk

Then would proceed to get it booting with it clean.

That's just my suggestion, I'm sure other people may have things for you to try :)

Hello,

I was able to boot into recovery from the installation cd. I will run the scans from the malware section and post results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back