Stop 0x0000008E....help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

New to this forum and begging help for a beginner who is a bit confused!!!! I have a blue screen msg which appears at start up and i cant boot the computer AT ALL. I cant enter safe mode and i cant work out quiet what to do. I have found several walk throughs etc. for this problem but they all require you to be able to access safe mode ect. which i cant do . The details are as follows,

Windows Xp
DELL Latitude C600
Error code: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x8B541E2, 0xF9530BFC, 0x00000000)
Before this error MSG appeared i was: I was on the internet and suddenly my antivirus began putting several files into the virus vault. These looked liked WINDOWS files, i believe they may have been WINDOWS/System32. My computer froze and when i restarted i had the blue screen and cannot access the comp at all.

I do not have a problem with reinstalling Windows and restoring factory settings if this would solve the problem as i have all my work on memory stick or disc. I do not have a windows instillation CD but would get one if installation is advised.

Please help, need comp and internet for work and cant afford a new laptop

Thank You

Well, a C600 has a lot of years and miles on it, as it is a 2001 and 2002 machine. Yours may be a bad hard drive or bad memory, as well as merely an infestation. How badly do you need the files on your hard drive?
I would put the drive into an adapter, then into a desktop as a slave to drag off all important files.
Then see if a clean reformat and install works after it is put back in the laptop.
Otherwise, new hard laptop hard drives are quite inexpensive nowadays, so I would put one in as a spare, and test the system with an actual install.

0x0000008e

I am getting the same error screen on one of my customers computers. Several different attempts at removal of some SEVER virus infections have failed. At this stage I have ruled out hardware problems. I will attempt to runa chkdsk /f on it to see if that works. One of the problems is this spyware/virus Trojan.Net-Partnership/WL

I havent seen this one before. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back