STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Basically I am having this problem which locks up the screen, if something was going on the PC (video) you can still hear it, screen greys out and thats it... I have to restart PC using reset switch. It only happens after computer is left on for a while (8 hours +). It locks up at any random time even with PC just sitting there doing nothing, urfing web or reading e-mail (I mean not just running games)

Steps taken:

Tested 4 pairs of RAM
Upgraded PSU from 750 to 1000W
Updated drivers fron nVidoa 169.21 (had a lot of lockups almost 3 to 5 daily) to TweakForce 174.16 (much less problems, in fact only had 3 lockups today and no lockups for the past week)

Another interesting thing is that after swapping RAM for a fresh pair the problem seems to go away for a while but then comes back, I don't meen new RAm I mean the one that has been out of the systm for a couple of days.

Any help is appreciated. Some dumps attached.

System Temps:
Mobo - 45C
CPU - 30C
NB - 70C (it is 780i Chipset which gets very hot at times)
2x 8800 GTS 512 - 55C
Room Ambient - 24C

System:
Coolermaster Cosmos Case (Side is opened for better cooling)
Intel C2Q Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
Kingston HyperX KHX9600D2K2 - DDR2 1200 2x1Gb 1066Mhz - 4-4-4-12 @ 2.4V
Asus Striker II Formula (BIOS 1001)
4x WD 500Gb 32Mb Cache HDD (2x non raid, 2x raid stripe)
2x XFX 8800 GTS 512 (G92) SLI m 720Core/1100Memory
LG DVD-RW (H42L or whatever it is)
ULTRA X3 1000W Power Supply
ASUS USB Wireless Adaptor WL-167G
Few more USB devices as well (Keyboard, Mouse, External HDD)

Cooling
Gemini II CPU Radiator
6x Noctua NF-P12 fans 1300RPM (2 Fans on CPU heatsink)
1x AMD CPU 3000rpm FAN on NB
1x 80mm FAN to help maintain proper airflow around the case

From what I can see, every last one of those complains about "nv4_disp.dll".

Try updating both your chipset and VPU drivers to the latest version (if they are the lastest, try a previous version).

Your latest chipset drivers: Windows XP 32-bit

Your latest VPU drivers: Windows XP 32-bit

Zenosincks said:
From what I can see, every last one of those complains about "nv4_disp.dll".

Try updating both your chipset and VPU drivers to the latest version (if they are the lastest, try a previous version).

Tried 169.21, they were my original drivers and had lots and lots of lockups. Downloaded TweakForce 174.16 and almost didn't have a problem till today... 3 or 4 lockups...

Downloading chipset drivers now....

However, came across one thread saying could be PCI-E voltage, so raised voltage for SB, NB, 1.2H and Bridge volatge as Mobo doesn't have dedicated PCI-E voltage and didn't have a lockup so far.... (4 hours after last lockup, looking good)

Could it be faulty card or low PCI-E voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back