STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

annoyed gamer

Whenever I boot GuildWars up (or some random .Exe files) the pc reboots, and displays the
STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error message, ive just reinstalled windows because of this error, it worked with the default directx installed, but was just laggy. so I decided to upgrade it to the latest version, 9.0c, and after then it went back to its old ways. ive changed the nVidia GeForce FX 5700 LE graphics card for my old nVidia Ti 3 card, and still the same problem, even with the most recent drivers.

ive attached a DxDiag.txt, and a report from EverestHome220

I had to zip the report as it was 100kb over the max file size limit

[edit]
dont hesitate to tell me anything else I should include - and how to get them

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.2 KB · Views: 8
  • report.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 5
annoyed gamer said:
whenever i boot GuildWars up (or some random .Exe files) the pc reboots, and displays the
STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER include

Hi

From your error code I get this info

This issue might occur if the display driver is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the display driver cannot program the hardware correctly.

To resolve this issue, obtain and install the most current driver for your video adapter, or replace your video card.

Read the full page here

As for the other random crashes please post the minidmp.dmp file that is created when the PC bluescreens it should be in the system root folder but if not follow the instructions below to set it to me created,

click start /settings select Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Settings.

In the box marked "write debugging information" ensure small minidump (64K) is selected and post this here.

Regards

i have switched my graphics card between my 2 pcs, and the pc which had the problem still had the same problem, and the other pc works fine with the graphics card from the faulty pc, the drivers are ok, i reinstalled windows this morning and updated the driver to the newest this morning - from www.nvidia.com ... i dont have the minidump at the moment, ill invoke a crash by launching the game, and submit the minidump in 15 mins
[time was edited - noticed windows update]

Hi Gamer

I had a word with Howard Hopkinso, one of the senior mods about your dump file and he passed me this advice...

His dump crashes at win32k.sys, which is a Windows file. However the owning process is Xfire.exe, which is the Terratec DMXFire 1024 soundcard controlpanel. This is an unecssary application, that doesn`t need to be run on startup.

I`d advise him to disable this app and see how it goes.

I`d also advise that he check his ram with memtest86+ as win32k.sys errors can be caused by faulty ram. Unquote

He also advises me that its difficult to diagnose from just one dump file so if you can collect some more and post them here, assuming the above advice doesn't do any good ,we will try to analyze further.

Regards

It is still doing it, after I have new ram, and have uninstalled xfire...
attached another dump

Attachments

• Mini080406-03.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
annoyed gamer said:
it is still doing it, after i have new ram, and have uninstalled xfire...
attached another dump

The dump crashes at the same point, indicating memory, I'll have to escalate this to a senior mod as I'm not sure what it could be.

I would hazard a guess at a Mobo fault or maybe a PSU issue, but bear with me and I'll get back to you.

Regards

hey i had the same problem

I have had that problem in the past, and i was told to do so many things it would make your head spin. Is your directx installed in the %systemroot% folder? Do you not only have the most up to date drivers but the correct drivers and software.(eg. ATI catalyst control center). You might also try running at agp 4x instead of 8x. i dont know if it will help your peticular situation. thats what i did and i haven't hade a problem since. why it works in one machine and not the next i don't know. we have kinda elminated driver problems. talk to howard on this one...

it is installed in default folder, i didnt change it, and my nVidia drivers are fully updated, and how do i change the agp setting

for me i use the ati control pannel but youhave navidia and you need to use their software that interacts with the driver/hardware. then look for smartgart. slide the bar to 4x.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your latest minidump crashes at ntsokernel.exe. This is the Windows bootup kernel file. It has a bugcheck of 0A. The owning process is gw.exe. This is the Guild wars executable.

I know you`ve replaced the ram, but you should test it with memtest86+ just in case. Are you sure the ram is compatible with your mobo?

How often is your system crashing? So far you`ve attached two minidumps. Is that because your machine is only crashing now and again?

I can find no reference to your graphics card in your dump files.

Check your ram.

Check to make sure your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Check your system for overheating.

Make sure nothing is overclocked.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Then post back and let us know the outcome.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

omg i didnt know a 4day old instalation of windows could get this fragmented lol XD

im currently redoing the page file, attaching a few zipped dumps

I know you`ve replaced the ram, but you should test it with memtest86+ just in case. Are you sure the ram is compatible with your mobo?

it is compatable - will test it after this defrag - same type and make as my original RAM

How often is your system crashing? So far you`ve attached two minidumps. Is that because your machine is only crashing now and again?

it never crashes, unless i run a game - only game installed after i reinstalled windows 4 days ago is guild wars

Check to make sure your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

450W - did an online calculator of how much i need, this is way more powerful than what i need

Check your system for overheating.

everything is fine

Make sure nothing is overclocked.

it isnt

3 minidumps crash at Ntsokernel.exe. two have the owing process of GW.exe and one has the owing process of svchost,exe. They all have a bugcheck of 0A.

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption. The owning process is dumprep.exe. It has a bugcheck of 0A.

1 minidump crashes with an unknown image. the owning process is svchost.exe. It has a bugcheck of D1.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Let us know when you have completed the Memtest.

How many amps is your psu putting out on the 12volt rail? Look on the psu label for this info.

Regards Howard :)

I think I am having the same problem. My screen will go blank when playing a 3d game and then the only solution is to power off manually. Once when I booted back up I had the option of reporting the crash and was told I got the "thread stuck in device driver" error by Microsoft's reporting program. I am going to attach the minidump file thing, if it would help. Also my power supply just meets the requirements of the GPU, and my computer in it's current setup has been working fine for the past year at least. I have a Geforce 6600GT btw. It is also worth mentioning that this has been working just fine for at least a year now.\

I have the minidump here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=7714&d=1154926528

same problem need help

i keep crashing while running Red Orchestra game.
did the memory test and is good.
new video card xFx geforce 7600gs
get this error STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

Help !!!!

i could use some help

Hi guys, been reading quite a bit now
but no one seems to give a straight good answer on how to fix this
recently i was playing Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (pes), and my computer crashed
i have been playing this game since it first came out, a few months ago and i had no problem, till last week
the only changes i made were that i installed a Tv capture card kozumi, i have uninstalled it but still my computer crashes every time i try to play a full match (not more than 10min)
i got this link after the crash: support.microsoft.com/kb/293078, it talks about the STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, i don't know what to do, i tried with a stable driver version (by the way i got a p4 1.6, with a nvidia geforce 6200 256ram, and 2 two Kingston 512 ddr 3200) and i tried with the latest version (163.75_forceware_winxp_32bit_international_whql). and if i do the second option (disable hardware acceleration) i can't play, so it's the same.
i dunno what you need, but since everyone is leaving their dmp file, i got 3 =D

i would appreciate any help
Greeting From Argentina

i wanna play again

well it can't be a cooling / electric problem, at least for me
cause i got everest open while it crashes, my hard drive is always between 25 and 35º, my mother board is around 33º and my microprocessor is around 40º, and climbs up to 55º when playing, and the electricity is fine. so it can't be that..
plus i tried to play Counter striker 1.6 and i couldn't even play 1 second, it crashes as soon as i choose between ct or Terror, so it doesn't give enough time to be a cooling problem.

i sent a request to nvidia support center, maybe they can help me :S
if i fix this problem i will tell you how i did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back