STOP 0x000000F4 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i just built a new computer with the following parts:

AMD AM2 Athlon 64 X2 5200+ CPU
ASUS Crosshair Motherboard
Sparkle GeForce 7900GS (Overclocked Edition)
Patriot DDR2 800Mhz 2Gb (1 Gb Sticks in blue slots)
Western Digital 320GB HDD
Silverstone ZEUS 850W PSU (ST85ZF)

I keep on getting the following error when i copy large files off another computer over a LAN:

0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x85AF9020, 0x85AF9194, 0x805D1142)

When i went to get the parts the salesperson asked if i had ever put together an AM2 system before and i said "no" then he said "Put one stick of RAM in at a time (which i didn't rly get)"

Is there anything that you have to change in the BIOS or install the RAM in a certain way/order

I have ran a Memtest and it is all fine, i have also tried rolling the ethernet drivers back to previous versions but still no luck, i still get the same error.

If there is anymore information that you need please just post it

Oh and i am not able to get a memory dump its not there and i have tried all 3 options Kernel, Complete and Small they dont appear.

SYMPTOMS
A computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP or a later operating system stops responding during resume from standby, and you receive the following KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR stop error message:
0x0000007a (e163a3e4,c000000e,bf8e9313,0697f860)
or
0x000000F4 (0x00000003, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)
Note Parameter2, Parameter3, and Parameter4 in the stop error may vary.

This problem occurs on a computer in which Windows XP or a later operating system is installed on a hard disk that is configured as a subordinate and no other device is connected to the same IDE controller channel (primary or secondary).
Back to the top

CAUSE
This behavior may occur when you use Windows XP or a later operating system with some motherboards. Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, use one of the following methods:• For Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment (PATA) hard disks, configure your disk drive as master only. For Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) hard disks, connect the hard disk cable to a master channel SATA connector on the motherboard.
• Connect another device as a master, such as another disk drive or a CD drive or DVD drive.
• Change your PATA and SATA IDE cable even if the cable does not appear worn.
• Install Windows on a new hard disk because it is possible that your hard disk or your Windows installation may be corrupted.

Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION
Steps to reproduce the behavior
1. For PATA hard disks, set the hard disk jumper to slave mode. For SATA hard disks, connect the hard disk cable to a slave channel SATA connector on the motherboard.
2. In BIOS power management, set BIOS to S1 or S3 (STR).
3. Install Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2.
4. Restart the computer.
5. Set the computer to Standby.
6. Try to resume the system. The system stops responding.

maybe this will help

Buggcheck F4 is usually related to bad paging space. Run chkdsk /r and re-allocate the paging space.

I write it in the command prompt in winxp???and when it finish how i re-allocate.It has as an option??

Did you flush your Internet caches?

Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> General Page

For IE7, click on Delete -> Delete All

For IE6, click on Delete Cookies, Delete Files, Clear History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back