STOP: 0x000000F4(OX00000003.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I'm having a very interesting and untimely problem. I own a Compaq Presario V5000 notebook, running Windows XP. The only thing I have ever added to to it was an extra 512 ram(it came stock with 512, so I doubled it) which I added right after purchase about August 06. So yesterday I turned on my computer from hibernation and it began to act a bit slow and buggy during start-up. So I manually turned it off, restarted it and it wouldn't get past the Compaq Screen. I tried to run it in safe mode but it wouldn't even load Windows at all. SO after making the decision to bite the bullet and use my restore disk to format my hard drive it stops me right after about 1:41 seconds of the re-format, freezes and give me the *** Stop: 0x000000F4 (0x0000003, 0x85910278, 0x859103DC, 0x8095AA0E)

So just from my limited computer knowledge, I believe somehow my hard drive became corrupt, idk.. SO I would appreciate help!!!!

More than likely the hard drive has gone south. But it could be a bad memory module. Pull the hard drive out to look at the brand and model, then go to the website to see if they have a drive fitness test that will work.
Try to get to a low level format and attempt a new reformat... Reboot, then try the new install with the recovery disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back