Stop: C0000269 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zsj

Hi,

I am having a problem with Win XP Pro SP2, when I starting the computer I get this error right after the Windows logo and loading screen:

STOP: C0000269 {illegal System DLL Relocation}
The system DLL kernel32.dll was relocated in memory. The Application will not run properly.
The relocation occurred because the DLL F:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL shou %s %s

I tried to start in SafeMode but the same thing happens.
If it did start in SafeMode I would have System Restored.

Please help.

In Advance Thanks.
Z

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310396

It's one of those Windows updates

I found this old thread through Google search:

I have just recovered from the same problem and thought I'd share how I fixed the system.
I had a client's machine with XP Pro SP2 beta (2096) and it had various issues that I had just corrected. However, when the current XP updates were applied (about 36-40) it restarted with the C0000269 error between kernel32.dll & gdi32.dll. After many hours of research, and finding the most helpful post here, I removed KB896424 and the error changed to a problem between user32.dll & ntdll.dll. I then removed KB890859 (I actually just restored user32.dll and Win32k.sys from the backup). The system started but explorer did not run, however I was able to run the system restore and undo the last updates and everything was good.

I tried to re-apply the updates, except KB896424, KB890859, & KB912919 (due to the fact it also replaces gdi32.dll), and then after trying to log on (with any ID) I got this error
"The System cannot log you on due to the following error:
The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect". That was resolved by using "Last Known Good Configuration" at boot up. After a few moments I was yet again able to run system restore.

After that I decided not to apply any more updates as I could not remove the beta of SP2 or apply the proper SP2 over it.

So, in short. Removing KB896424 & KB890859 (there by replacing gdi32.dll, user32.dll, & win32k.sys with files from 3/11/2004) and then launching rstrui.exe to restore the system.

Hope that this helps someone!

It would have been a really nice feature of XP if one could just run the system restore utility from the "recovery" console! (or some sort of PE boot)

Good Luck to all that need to recover from this error!

Well, that would have been awsomely helpfull but I cant update windows...

So any further help would be COOL.

Thanks for you help Kimsland

also, i really dont feel like doing the above cause i am very lazy at the moment, i think i will reformat in a week if this doesnt get resolved

System restore from Safe Mode command prompt

(note you must have administrator rights)

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Actually if you do re-install, make sure you do SP3 instead of any individual updates

System restore from Safe Mode command prompt

(note you must have administrator rights)

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Actually if you do re-install, make sure you do SP3 instead of any individual updates

I tried to do safe mode with command prompt but the same thing happen.

I was hoping to get this done with in a few hours cause i cant play CSS on VISTA ulti-'MAT'.

and if i do reformat, i wont install sp3.
i heard some bad things about it and i don't feel like experimenting

I dont have a win xp pro cd...

soooo.... what is there next?
if there is anything else..

Nope, no way in hell am i going to 'BUY' win xp.
when i could get it for free.

come to think of it, im going to try to put my slipstream disk in.
I will update Later

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread by SNGX1275 TS Special Forces

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1: Asking a question
0. Nothing Illegal
We aren't going to help you find a CD key or Serial Number, and we aren't going to discuss software you've downloaded or movies you are trying to get or obtained illegally. Take those questions elsewhere. Don't complain when your thread gets edited/locked/deleted, complaining is going to get you nothing but harsher treatment.

I do agree about that, I want to make this clear: I am NOT Discussing The stuff I download(whether free or not) or am trying to obtain (Illegally or Legally).

Note: this is just a re-assurance post.

Good to know, Thank's.

If this is any help, Before this happend I installed Rhapsody on my computer, on the same harddrive and didnt restart it untell later the next day.

Thanks

Edit:
I have discovered KB929399 and KB926239.txt files on my effected harddrive, they say that an update was made on the 19th of this month.
I had no idea those updates were installed, as far I know I had Windows Update turned off.
So now I have no idea as to what to do next, i really dont know how to replace a few .dll files, And i have been working on computers all my life.

But thats what makes us better at repairing them, learning from more experienced users.
I consider myself to be above the "Beginner" league.

Thanks Again,

Re-Edit:
I am going to reformat in a few hours, I need to do it anyways.

Thank you Kimsland for your expertly help, I can only hope to be as knowledgeable as you one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back