Stop Error 0x9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know
How do i fix it? anybody help please?

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION:
STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0v805461f0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f

I need to know which hardware component is failing.

My System

AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.8Ghz
2x 1GB Geil DDR400 at 4-2-8-8-2T Continuous
Biostar GeForce-M7 Socket 754 Mobo
PNY GeForce 8500 512MB GPU
Creative SB Live! Audio
1x Western Digital 160GB Sata Hard Drive (in two Partitions)
2x Seagate 80GB EIDE Hard Disks
1x Pioneer 40x IDE DVD-R DL Drive
1x Samsung 40x IDE DVD ROM Drive
ATX 12V 480W Power Supply
Windows XP Home SP2a
Hitachi CRT Monitor

Installed Programs: Spybot S&D, AVG Free, Speedfan, Dameon Tools. nVidia Active Armor Firewall, iTunes.

My machine is not overclocked, and all the components are under 4 months old accept for the motherboard.

I get this error once or twice a day.
Help would be very appreciated.

CAUSE
This behavior occurs because your computer processor detected and reported an unrecoverable hardware error to Windows XP. To do this, the processor used the Machine Check Exception (MCE) feature of Pentium processors or the Machine Check Architecture (MCA) feature of some Pentium Pro processors. The following factors may cause this error message:

• System bus errors
• Memory errors that may include parity or Error Correction Code (ECC) problems
• Cache errors in the processor or hardware
• Translation Lookaside Buffers (TLB) errors in the processor
• Other CPU-vendor specific detected hardware problems
• Vendor-specific detected hardware problems

MORE INFORMATION
A machine check exception occurs when Windows XP and your hardware platform cannot recover from a hardware error so that the system can continue to run successfully and reliably. More specific diagnosis of machine check exceptions is difficult, and there is no general solution. Contact your hardware manufacturer or a computer hardware technician for help with troubleshooting this issue.

Machine check exceptions are frequently caused by one of the following conditions:
• You are running the processor or mainboard beyond its specifications. For example, you are overclocking the processor or bus. We recommend that you run your hardware at the manufacturer-rated speeds.
• Noisy power, overstressed power strips, outmatched power supplies and failing power supplies can destabilize your computer. Make sure that you have a stable, reliable power supply to your computer.
• Extreme thermal conditions caused by the failure of cooling devices such as fans may damage your computer. Make sure that your cooling devices are all working.
• You have damaged memory or memory that is not the correct type for your computer. If you recently changed the memory configuration, revert to the previous configuration to determine what is wrong. Make sure that you are using the correct memory for your computer.

* My first suggestion is that you run Memtest for a minumum of 7 passes to test your RAM

Also, In order to help you further we need you to attach your minidumps to your next post.

How to Find Your Minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump files.

* It is the files we need need, not the whole folder.

* You'll see at the bottom of the reply screen Additional Options and under that "Manage Attachments"

Thanks alot, route 44.

I allready read that usless crap on the microsoft help and support.

I got the ram 3 weeks ago because the old ram wouldnt pas memtest 86.
not 1 pass

This new ram can pass memtest 86. quite a few passes. i dont know the number offhand, but its more than 7 (i ran it when i first got the BSOD this morning)

It seems life the BSOD's have stopped for a while now. I had my dad take a look at my .dmp files, and he wanted me to switch between a minidump and a complete dump, and im pretty sure the website wont host 2GB memory dumps, let alone the time it will take to upload it. I dont think its the ram.

I tried to debug my dump files myself, but i couldnt find valid symbols.

i have switched my machine back to minidump. When i get another BSOD ill post again.

It seems to happen when i multitask, especially with itunes.

Internet/itunes, CS:S/itunes, HL2:DM/Itunes, FLASH8/ITUNES

I know that 0x0000009c means unrecoverable hardware error, but i cant seem to get it out of my head that a program may be causing it.

And i dont want to loose everything i have on my ipod. Oh, and for some reason itunes will not burn a backup disk through this computer (and this is the only one with iTunes)

In the meantime ill attach some older minidumps (i have like 1000 of them) but i cannot garuntee that it was for the same error. Mabye it is.

Im not sure what errors i was getting before, all i know is now i get this one like clockwork, and its the only stop error i get.

It wont be too long now.

Thanks again...

Some more recent ones i think

???hello

I got another one today, here's the minidump.

And it happened when itunes was on again.

What if it is something with itunes. i dont know how to debug minidumps, and if it is a hardware error i need to know what component to replace.

Is anyone going to help me or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back