Stop Error ED

Status
Not open for further replies.

marygg

I'm working on a dell laptop that suddenly stopped working. I can't get to safe mode. I got to dell diagnostics and come up with "battery test failed -- reporting attached charger. Can a battery stop the entire system? I originally got the Stop Error 0x000000ED UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I am very confused. Do I have a hard disk failure? Help.

If you were working on the laptop and powering it with a battery, yes, a failed battery can cause issues for the laptop will shutdown while windows is still loaded.

Is it still under warrenty? If so, contact Dell's tech support or return it to the place you purchased.

No longer under warranty. Should I replace the battery first and then see if I need a hard drive?

So if I read you correctly, the laptop works with no issues when plugged in to a wall socket but won't power-up when trying to run off the battery? correct? You may very well need a new battery and nothing more.

Do you know anyone that is knowlegable with computers? I hesitate to give you directions that will cost you$ but won't solvve the issue.

The laptop boots to the BSD Stop Error 0x000000ED. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I can't get to safe mode. I can only get to Dell's diagnosis tests which say:
"Battery test failed" & "Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected"

So my question is would a dead battery lead to this stop error?

My suggestion is two fold:

1. Contact Dell online support via email and tell them of your issue.

2. Post your issue in TechSpot's Mobile Computing forum. There some very experienced and knowlegeable members there that can give you solid advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back