TechSpot

Stop error winXp cpc2004 are you there ;)

By CUINL
Dec 6, 2006
  1. Stop error winXp

Hi all,

I just bought a new computer 3 weeks ago. The problem is that since I have begin to use it on a regular basis, it can triggers automatic reboot sometimes.

Specs:
    Core 2 Duo 1.86
    Asus P5B mb
    1g ram
    250g W.D. HD
    GeForce 7300 GT 256

View attachment Mini112906-01.txt
    View attachment 11342

Edit: I forgot, I made 14 pass using memtest with no error, I also did a chkdsk with no error.

Thank in advance :approve:

2. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

What firewall and antivirus are you using? Did you run CHKDSK /R

3. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 260

Is this home built? r did you buy its specs as one? I need to know this first before i can attempt to tackle the problem.

4. CUINL

CUINL TS Rookie Topic Starter

My machine is no connected on the internet, I want to keep it clean ;) I use another older computer to access the virus infected world that is the WWW!

So I have no antivirus.
    the firewall is the one from XP security center, that, I think, is always activated?

5. CUINL

I went to a computer store and they built it around my needs. I assume that they know wich part that match with each other :crossfingers:

It is not a one kit machine like an IBM or a DELL for example.

6. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

7. CUINL

Sorry if I offended the experts of the board :( I thought that you were part of the team and when I was searching about my problem in google, I was seeing your screen name often in those forums.

Thanks, I have updated my drivers. I hope that it will make the problem go away :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.