STOP error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythy

STOP 0x00000050 (0xFFFF8BF8, 0x00000000, 0x805384cc, 0x00000000)

This is the error I get whenever I search for something using the find function in windows.

I *used* to get this error randomly but that stopped, but just today I got one, and it actually listed a file with it called "filespy.sys"

I read on another fourm to do a search for fspyunist.exe, but whenever I try to search it, I get the same STOP error :p

Any help would be appreciated.

No I don't have any spyware or viruses, give me some real answers/suggestions please :D

I've normally found this to be a corrupt Windows installation but I have on the odd occasion had this when I've installed a new piece of hardware and rarely when I've updated a driver. Have you done any of those things? If you haven't then I suspect the first suggestion. Sound like it's time to backup that data....

I never had a blue screen before I installed a Raid card and got two HDs raid 0... Could this be it?

Also, if anyone could tell me the location of fspyunist.exe that would be nice. My search function doesn't really work :p

Hi, Do you by any chance use a piece of software by Gigastudio? I can find references to this software and filespy and also BitDefender but I can't find the unistall file you mentioned. RAID cards can be a real headache to install so all I can suggest is make sure you have the latest (proper) driver for that card, make sure that in your BIOS where it asks if you have a Plug and Play operating system you say NO, not yes and re-try the installation. Regards Adrian.

Great advice here ^^

I use bitdefender yet I love it so... heh

I'm going to turn plug and play off right after I write this and see if it helps

I'm also going to see if there are any updated drivers for my RAID card

Thank you so much for the advice, it sounds really promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back