Stop Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today I went to turn on my computer this morning, it loaded past the usual Dell screen, then the MS Windows XP screen, and then just rebooted. It continuously reboots until I stop the process. When I disabled auto rebooting upon failure I got a *dun dun dun* BSOD. The stop error I'm getting simply goes

stop: 0x0000008E (OxC0000005, 0xFF1F81E2, 0xF8BE33C4, 0x00000000)

The next line is about the dump. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, and I get the exact same result. I currently can't find my Windows XP disc, so I can't reboot using that. I have found a somewhat similar problem about an old version of ZoneAlarm, which I have installed on my computer. However, I cannot uninstall it as I can't even boot. I am definitely a newb at computers, and any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you think it's Zone Alarm, start the computer and press and hold F8, go into Safe Mode and uninstall Zone Alarm or go to Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools>System Restore and restore the computer to an earlier date or last known good configuration.

I think it COULD be zone alarm. But with my luck, it probably isn't. Restoring to the last working configuration and safe mode both bring about the same immediate rebooting.

I still haven't found my XP disc, even though I think I used to have two of them. I was wondering if there might be a solution not involving one. This computer has XP, is it possible to burn off a disc of it (or something along those lines). I might have to borrow one from somebody. Thanks for any help, keep in mind I'm a newbie. :confused:

If you can we need the minidump files to help.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump files.

It is these files we need, not the Minidump Folder. Attach the files to your next posting and someone should hopefully be able to help.

I can't even get to my computer. It reboots before even loading that main windows blue screen. I currently need a way of booting without the disk more than anything. I will say again, safe mode and last configuration both fail, only to reboot again.

This error occurs EVERY time I turn my computer on, not just randomly.

Edit: Well I recently managed to gain limited access to my computer by making a BartPe bootable disk. Now for those minidumps...

Edit #2: Er.. I have 84 minidumps according to this. I'm still trying to figure out if I can transfer them on to anything. I don't know anything about minidumps, but I have a feeling you're supposed to have less than that. O_o

Okay I fixed the problem a couple of days ago. I got Dell to send me a free Windows XP disc. However, now it seems firewall is blocking everything, only all my firewall is deleted/turned off. I can go on the internet fine, but certain messengers, etc. are blocked. Any ideas?

I'm using zonealarm. I find some files that didn't get removed properly and took care of them. I didn't plan on coming back here, until I got the usual BSOD, only it was while I was on, and not at boot. I reinstalled ZoneAlarm, although I wonder if I hit all of the files I meant to. Or perhaps ZA isn't the problem... I'm on the computer that has been troubled right now, and I'm looking to see if the BSOD is a matter of time or more related to a certain action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back