Stop IE10 from updating

St1ckM4n

I'm not sure about previous versions, but I believe those were delivered via Windows Update.

Internet Explorer 10 has a somewhat hidden checkbox that is enabled by default: "Install new versions automatically". I am unsure if this overrides the Windows Update settings.

The option can be found in: Settings > About.

ie10.png

Gollie, I didn't know mine was already checked. So now my question is , if I un checked it, would the recent past IE 10 fixes be applied? St1ckM4n, if you want me to start a new thread, I will.

This place is as good as any to discuss it. :)

If you uncheck the box, I'd say that the relevant updates would still appear as a listing in Windows Update.

Well, I don't even know if they're in there. I know I've received them,I just don't remember if I'm the one that checked that box or not.Yea,I know. I sound confused don't I. Guess I'll see what happens after tomorrow.
I don't use IE10. It don't work either. I type in techspot & tap enter & it don't do anything.
In another thread, I was considering rolling it back but I don't think I'll waste the effort since I have better browsers.

Back