Stores in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglaslort

Hi, I'm from Brazil and next month I'm going to travel to Toronto. Could you advise a good store to buy a video card??
Thanks

Go to College and Bloor. There are *TONS* of computer stores that compete with each other in that area. Take a look around there, and im sure you'll find what you need.

That depends on which area you will live in.

I live just north of Toronto, in a new developing town called Markahm, but it's still within the boundaries of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

If you live around there, then there is a large tigerdirect.ca outlet store on Woodbine Ave. and I get a lot of my parts there, so that I won't have to order online. This is their website: www.tigerdirect.ca

There's also a few more around that area, naming a few:

PC Village
www.pcvonline.com
They have a few locations so find one close to you.

Logic Computer House
www.logiccomputerhouse.com
Some select items are cheapest here.

Canada Computers
www.canadacomputers.com
Canada Computers has many locations, so be sure to check them out.

Good luck!

Hmm, you showed me some good stores Grafficks.

PC Village located @ Yonge/Bloor I got all my parts when I worked in that area.

Tigerdirect is great too, only when your not ordering online, since thier shipping rates are outrageous.

Other than that, good findings :)

Personally I would not order online from Tigerdirect unless absolutely necessary. Their shipping is ridiculously priced, but there's more.

One boring day, I googled "tigerdirect bad" or something similar and came up with some forum with people ranting at TD.

What shocked me the most was when one of the tigerdirect employees went on and posted that TD does online scamming.
Those who subscribe to e-mail catalogues are subject to scams. If someone clicks the link to a product from their e-mail, then there would be a cookie (or something) loaded to make tigerdirect.ca (linked from the e-mail) display different prices than if tigerdirect.ca was loaded normally (not linked from e-mail).

Also, googling "tigerdirect scam" comes up with twice as many results talking about how all their rebates (with OnRebate.com) are fake.

I just know that I would not place an online order for them...

One day i'll make a big ray gun outside of Earth's atmosphere and shoot all Spam / advertisements then i'll rule the world then... get all the ladies :D

Edit: Removed quoted spam.

TimeParadox, I agree with you.
Coronas: I think that when you say bloor you're meaning to the name of the street...Am I right?? If, yes, I"ll live next to it (in Cromwell Furnished Suites Hotel at 55 Isabella Street)
Grafficks, thanks for the links....
When I said "good" stores I mean a place with low prices and where I could find an AGP video card. I suppose that all the stores in Canada are high quality, then I have only to search the best prices....
In time, excuse me for the "brazilian" english.
Thanks for all.

I check out every store you link to me, but there wasn't good choices for an AGP video card. Only in TigerDirect, but I will stay so far from it (I will stay in Cromwell Hotel at Isabella Street).
If you know more....

Coronas, I check out Best Buy but the prices seem too high....Some video cards are $ 100,00 more expensive than TigerDirect...

Where are you now ?

douglaslort said:
Any sugestions??
This is the time for reduced Boxing day prices.
Read all the ads you can find in newspapers and websites.
Quote me something (Brand and Model) you want and i'll check my dealers price.
:)

douglaslort said:
Coronas, I check out Best Buy but the prices seem too high....Some video cards are $ 100,00 more expensive than TigerDirect...

Best Buy is an absolute rip off with most of their video cards. They sell an ATI Radeon 9550 for ~$60,00USD!

Oh god no...don't go to Best Buy (or Future Shop) for a video card! They rip people off mercilessly!

There are sometimes $100 dollar differences in price between a product in Best Buy and the same product in a computer store. This week's (boxing week) Best Buy flyer has some good deals on parts, but they have hundred-dollar rebates and are still about $30 more expensive after savings than the regular price at computer stores.

Find a computer parts reseller to get your computer parts. They will certainly have prices that are about right, since they have other *real* computer stores to compete with. Sorry, I don't know any good store in that area you will be in.

If you absolutely cannot find a store, then your (in a sense) final choice would be to order online from TigerDirect.ca. They scam people sometimes but sometimes they do their job. I still stand by what I said earlier about only ordering online if absolutely necessary. If you can't find another store then it might just be necessary.
They deliver anywhere in Canada and have very fast shipping (at an unavoidable extra cost).

If you find a store around your area that but it sells crappy video cards, then don't get it. It's better to order online and have more selection than to get a bad product because the store is right across the street.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back