Strange boot up problem.

By jonisaksson
Feb 10, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello

I have a very strange Windows boot up problem which I hope you can help me with.

Basically if I start up the computer the boot sequence get to the Windows Start up screen and I see the "start up bar" (cant think of a better word to call it) move and it continues to move but I have left it for over 5 hours and it never actually finishes the boot up.

I guess this isnt that weird but here is the weird thing:
    If I press the reset button during this time so it reboots I will of course get the screen with the boot up option due to the "power failure during boot up" , if I select Boot windows normally (so not safe boot up or anything like that) it boots up all fine.

I have used this "workaround" for the last month and it works every time.

I just cant figure what can be wrong, I have checked the event viewer and there are no errors reported. And I cant understand what difference a reset does and why that would work every time

Has anyone got any ideas on what to try or look for?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

I don`t know why that is happening.

Maybe doing a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE will help.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.