Strange Freezing

RLMadd

[LEFT]I've been getting a strange freeze lately and I can't figure out what the cause is. It usually happens when I'm playing a game but sometimes it even happens when I'm looking at stuff on the web. When it happens the screen completely locks down and sometimes the sound freezes with it making this awful grinding noise. After I have to hard restart I look into the event logs and no sort of error is there also I looked in the Minidump folder and nothing is there either.[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Specs[/LEFT]
[LEFT]MB: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)[/LEFT]

Power Supply:
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

"the sound freezes with it making this awful grinding noise"...
You might have a failing hard drive

It may be he AMD Phenom II X6 1100T that causing trouble , try disabling the turbo and Cool n quiet in the bios.

Back