Strange internet related problems

Legoflamb

Hi guys I'm on Win7 64 ultimate.

Basically in the past week or so I've noticed my computer not working when using certain aspects of the internet.

First of all I sometimes play Max Payne 3 online and all of sudden when I click the icon it checks for updates but straight away it says 'cannot transfer files form the social club servers'

Also, when I'm on eBay in the main list it displays hardly any pictures and the items themselves have no descriptions, they displayed the 'unable to connect' page in Firefox and the equivalent page in IE

Lots of different random websites have also displayed the 'unable to connect' page in Firefox and the equivalent page in IE. For example, when I googled my problem first a bleepingcomputer forum post popped up but got this message when I tried to go there.

I've followed the the troubleshooting for firefox to no avail.

It's not the connection either as far as I can tell; our tablets, smartphones and laptops work perfectly on all sites.

I've had weird stuff happen when infected with a virus before but this is something that happens very rarely as I'm usually very ssafe.

Is this worth posting in the virus/spyware forum?

Thanks!

Back