Strange lock up/bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have a strange problem.
For the last 3-4 months I have periodic lock ups of my PC (every 15 days), and in the last days a couple of BSODs
it's
AMD Athlon 2500+
MSI KT4V Socket A
1.5GB ram
Sapphire x1600pro 256
Maxtor 80Gb

I include last minidumps.
Also Error codes:
Service Controll manager - event 7000 and 7009
system error - category 102 -event 1003
BC Codes
BCP1:00000003
BCP2:89645928
BCP3:89645A9C
BCP4:805FA7A8
Can someone please help me?
Thanks in advance

are you overclocking any components in your pc at all? check the temps of your major components (ram, cpu, video card etc) to make sure they are not too hot. of course you could always reinstall windows as well. also, have you changed ANY default bios settings like ram timings, etc?

Thanks for looking, however i have speedfan and it's never showing any overheating. Components are not overclocked, bios was not touched, and only new components are video card with newest ati drivers and new HD. I reinstalled windows yesterday, but it continues to lock up

how many modules of ram are you using? maybe they are not in the right slots. if you have a 1 gig and a 512 stick, try just running the 1 gig stick and see what happens. try it out in the main bank, check your manual to see what the first memory bank is, or it should say right on the motherboard too.

Thanks again. It's 3x 512 but not from same manufacturer as it's ddr memory and 3 slot mb. CL are the same however

Is your hard drive ide, sata, or sata 2?

also, try running just ONE 512 stick of the ddr ram in the MAIN bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back