Strange MoBo PCI Device Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired_Ted

After re-loading my XFX7950GT drivers to the latest version (as suggested by XFX) along with all pertinent current chipset drivers, I am still getting the yellow flag in my device manager that there's a PCI device that needs a driver. Hmmmmm - my computer runs very well - it's fast and seems to be rock stable. The only PCI device I am using is the video card (and it's working just fine). I've searched my install CD for a phantom driver but none can be found. I have chosen to just ignore the yellow flag, but, I know it's there (and you know how that can bug someone like me). Any other suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Look at your motherboard manual and see what device it could be?

Also, you can download and run a program called PCI Explorer to get some more information about your PCI devices. Even if the device isn't recognised, things like the manufacturer ID are still shown.

I am having the exact same problem after a reload and installing my new vid card ATI HD 3870. But I think it maybe screwing with my system. I was able to play team fortress before but now I get the blue screen. I have tried to install the latest drivers for mobo and vid card, and anything else I can find but nothing works. Oh yeah no onboard video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back